AGG might be used for benchmarking your SMP system. Here is how to do it:
- Download and install AGG 0.2.0+ (remove previous installations, if any).
- Select some fairly large bunch of images to process.
- From "New Project..." Select the directory with the images.
- Copy input directory to output directory. Start your chronometer as you press "OK".
- The measured time will be with SMP enabled. Now you should modify your agg.cfg file. Under Windows, it
is located in the directory, where you installed AGG (e.g. C:\Program Files\agg); and under Linux it is
in your home directory (e.g. /home/blargh).
- Open up the file with your favourite text editor (Notepad is fine).
- Change the first line ("SMP=1") to "SMP=0" and save the file.
- Repeat steps 3-4. This will be the time with SMP disabled.
Hope this is fun. Please report anomalies (e.g. SMP taking more time than non-SMP or any other weird behaviour) in
the Sourceforge's bug reporting system